[lbo-talk] smart people to run Philly school district

SK seth235 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 05:09:59 PDT 2012

Despite the grassroots opposition to Boston Consulting Group’s influential role in the District, both Nowak and the United Way’s Michal said that the magnitude of the crisis facing Philadelphia schools has required outside expertise.

“It’s a very important public dialogue,” Michal said.

“But I just want to make sure that we give smart people the room to make smart decisions.”

Seth

http://thenotebook.org/blog/124995/behind-scenes-boston-consulting-group-has-been-driving-force-labor-negotiations-school-c

Behind the scenes, Boston Consulting Group has been a driving force on labor talks, school closings, and charters by Benjamin Herold on Jul 09 2012 Posted in Latest news

The Boston Consulting Group has identified up to 60 Philadelphia school buildings as potential candidates for closure and helped line up private vendors willing to replace the School District’s unionized blue-collar workforce at a $50 million discount. These steps are just part of the blue-chip consulting firm’s far-ranging behind-the-scenes effort to help the beleaguered city school system rethink how it does business. The broad scope of BCG’s efforts this spring are detailed in previously unreleased “statements of work” obtained by the Notebook/NewsWorks under Pennsylvania’s Right to Know law [...]