[lbo-talk] absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living.

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 06:27:40 PDT 2012

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=382617351803729&set=a.382617281803736.92654.151145971617536&type=1&theater

"We must do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian-Darwinian theory, he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors & people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school & think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along & told them they had to earn a living. - Buckminister Fuller