[lbo-talk] Two on the one-state reality

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:00:31 PDT 2012

> There’s nothing new about far-right groups holding events in which
> speakers fantasize about “Greater Israel.” But Thursday’s conference was
> different: It indicated that the idea of the one-state solution has become
> respectable within a larger segment of society, including the ranks of
> Israel’s ruling party.

Hotovely was right: For years, moderate right-wingers tiptoed around the
> question of what they envision for the future of the territories Israel
> captured in 1967. Only hardliners openly admitted what perhaps many others
> secretly desired, but knew to be politically too incorrect to openly demand.

“We’re all here to say one thing: the Land of Israel belongs to the Jewish
> people. Why? Because!” co-organizer Yehudit Katsover proclaimed in her
> opening statement to the conference, which she organized with right-wing
> activist Nadia Matar.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/at-hebron-conference-proponents-of-the-one-state-solution-show-their-growing-confidence/

How central is the PA for the occupation? It’s enough to point to the fact

http://972mag.com/signs-of-a-transitional-moment-in-the-israeli-palestinian-dynamic/50930/