[lbo-talk] The Occupy Movement as a Bad Zombie Movie

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 16:37:20 PDT 2012

the Occupy Movement, is now, a few steps closer to being directly labelled "terrorist". Only a couple more entrapments, crimes, stupidities or insantities to go and it will be neatly labelled "terrorist" and anyone and everyone who has been associated with Occupy will be also associated with that

---

Add to that the latest Batman movie in which the hazy villain Bane releases all the prisoners from Gotham jails...weds them to the social discontents and starts a mob-led revolution with echoes of French revo terror. When Batman "dies," commissioner Gordon obligingly reads the parting monolog of what's his name from "Tale of Two Cities," who sacrifices himself in order to save the life of an aristocrat.

I don't know how many people know where the quote is from, but the scene where the 'occupy' mob face off a police phalanx is unmistakable. And you're supposed to cheer for the cops.

It was a tedious, tired, essentially fascist piece of crap, relieved only by Anne Hathaway as eye candy; but, hey it's making hundreds of millions, and possibly making terror more acceptable.

I don't know. Never liked the super-heroes. Just sayin.

Joanna