[lbo-talk] Cool quote

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Jul 31 00:06:31 PDT 2012

Trotsky a zionist? Are you fucking kidding me? The guy had class!

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- Trotsky also wrote:

"The successes of fascism after the war were once again the consequence of the "incapacity" of the proletariat to lead capitalist society out of the blind alley. The bureaucratization of the Soviet state was in its turn the consequence of the "incapacity" of the proletariat itself to regulate society through the democratic mechanism..."

He then went on to speculate that if the working class failed the test in the next war (World War II), a new bureaucracy would take on the mantle of leadership of the productive forces.

The problem with listening to Trotsky - or Marx - today is that it's extremely unlikely that if they arrived in a time machine they would approve of maintaining their ideologies today. Honestly, as far as Trotsky goes, the Old Man would laugh at the idea of working class revolution in 2012. Maybe he'd be a Zionist today, although I pray not. ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk