[lbo-talk] WI recall FWIW

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 6 09:41:26 PDT 2012

On Jun 6, 2012, at 9:48 AM, James Leveque wrote:

> This is, of course, keeping in mind that the Dems were never really a
> union party to begin with. But I am saying that it's had a functional,
> if deeply exploitative, relationship with unions. Now it just looks
> like the party is willing to sacrifice even that relationship.

It wants the PMCs who are liberal on social issues and centrist on fiscal policy - the portion of the elite repelled by the yahooism of the Republicans. The PMC does not like unions, though, so unions are expendable.

You've got to wonder, though, what would happen if the unions stopped writing checks and working phone banks. Not that they will, any time soon.

Doug