[lbo-talk] Wisconsin Act Three

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jun 8 19:12:00 PDT 2012

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/chicago-teachers-union-ctu-strike- authorization-vote-158260415.html

Chicago teachers have shown their solidarity in massive numbers. More than 90 percent of teachers have given the OK for a work stoppage, multiple sources told NBC Chicago.

That number is well above the 75 percent needed, by law, to authorize a strike.

Chicago Teachers Union spokesman Stephanie Gadlin declined to provide an official number but said that some schools have seen 100 percent of teacher approve a strike.

"We're pleased," she said, but added: "We know there will be challenges by [Chicago Public Schools].

CTU is analyzing and double-checking the numbers before releasing any information on the vote. That may happen Monday.

CPS officials declined to comment until official numbers are released.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/chicago-teachers-union-ctu-strike- authorization-vote-158260415.html#ixzz1xG0IYpZA