[lbo-talk] Some bullshit about Romney

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:38:05 PDT 2012

Chuck G: "Don't kid yourself. This is a choice between the frying pan or the fire. They are both bad ideas"

[WS:] I disagree. NCLB forces the states to impose mandatory testing and close schools that underperform on those tests. That is an outright act of war on poor schools. Vouchers, otoh, simply siphon some of the public funds to private or "charter" schools, but by themselves do not close public schools and fire their staff. So the difference is between the firing squad and the neglect that may but does not have to lead to starvation. Or between business fascism and mere libertarianism. If I were to pick one, I'd go or the latter.

I do agree with you, however, that race to the top is as bad as NCLB.

-- Wojtek