[lbo-talk] Noam Chomsky - The Purpose of Education

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Jun 19 17:34:43 PDT 2012

Chuck didn't say that everyone will know who Chomsky is, just that his work will survive.

I don't know so much about the transformational grammar, but the political stuff....yes.

One of the engineers I worked with at Apple was a Chomsky student from MIT. He decided to dedicate the non-working part of his life to the Palestinian cause. So, on that level, Chomsky will survive. He had many students, and he changed many lives. My own introduction to the reality of the Middle East was through reading "Fateful Triangle."

It's not about fame. It's about sowing seeds.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- Noam Chomsky - The Purpose of Education

Chuck Grimes: When the sun sets on the American empire, as it will, as it must, Noam Chomsky's work will survive ... ====

Really? I wonder how many on this list can tell us a lot about William Lloyd Garrison or Senator George Hoar (Rep. Mass.)!

In their day they were as important as Chomsky is now.

Carrol

^^^^^^^ CB: Garrison was an abolitionist , in unity and struggle with Frederick Douglass. "The Liberator"

How about the Grimke Sister's ? Anybody heard of them ? ?

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Racism-U-S-History-Contributions-American/dp/0275948080