[lbo-talk] Historical moment: the first full privatization of a U.S. public school district

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 07:15:02 PDT 2012

 I see the book you reference and are co-author of was written way back in 1996. Any idea how much privatization has grown since then? I see that in the Muskegon situation the only two bids are from companies that have a less than stellar record. Is this mostly a minority district?

Cheers, ken

  Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

From: Max Sawicky <sawicky at verizon.net> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 6:37:36 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Historical moment: the first full privatization of a U.S. public school district

The entire city of Hartford turned over its schools for management to a for-profit firm, some years back.  The whole deal collapsed after some months.

As discussed herein:

http://www.epi.org/publication/books_riskybizintro/