[lbo-talk] Historical moment: the first full privatization of a U.S. public school district

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jun 21 18:31:26 PDT 2012

Charters are all kinds of things. While they might not be for profit in formal terms, there is no accountability for how they are run, how much teachers are paid, how much admins are paid. Call it profit or not, the drift is toward mega outfits to come in and "rationalize" the process. The potential for corruption is huge and this potential has been more than realized.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- charters aren't for profit? didn't Edison run for profit charters which performed really poorly. Vaguely remember some controversy when a former prez of f Yale was brought on board.