[lbo-talk] Historical moment: the first full privatization of a U.S. public school district

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 19:50:39 PDT 2012

 Thanks. I found them listed under for profit education

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For-profit_education

Cheers, ken

  Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:26:42 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Historical moment: the first full privatization of a U.S. public school district

On Jun 21, 2012, at 9:22 PM, ken hanly wrote:

> What about the charter management companies that are bidding to take over the Muskegon schools. I assume they are for profit companies or are the non-profit too?

There are those (EMOs, education management organizations). There aren't any in New York City, but there are elsewhere.

There are statistical breakdowns by type somewhere but I'm too lazy to find them.