[lbo-talk] Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutional

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 20:39:39 PDT 2012

 I agree. He has no choice but to pay into the system but then on principle he is supposed to not collect the benefits! To not collect I would not call principled in such circumstances but stupid!

Cheers, ken

  Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

----- Original Message ----- From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Cc: Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:11:41 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutional

This is not an acceptable criticism of Paul. His position is valid. I support the liquidation of capitalist relations but I very happily take advantage of whatever advantages I draw from it. I despise Shell Oil, but I buy gasoline (or used to when I drove) from the most convenient spot, be it Shell or Exxon. I've expressed this anti-moralistic view of anti-capitalism continuously  on this list. There is no reason whatever why Paul should not both oppose Social Security and at the same time profit from it. No contradiction. No irony. No point to make against Paul.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of c b Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 3:20 PM To: lbo-talk Subject: [lbo-talk] Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security,Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutional