[lbo-talk] Yannis and new queer agenda show...

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Mon Jun 25 05:05:18 PDT 2012

I agree. Right when you posted this, I simultaneously just posted a more pessimistic response (to one of your posts, in fact); and I hope you find much in it to agree with?

I'm simultaneously excited about Doug's teasers about Yanis's upcoming story, and cynical about the hyperindividualist tech company-men who subordinate themselves so utterly to their boss's interests. ("Anarchism for the privileged" isn't any decent kind of anarchism.)

I'm also excited over reading about highly participatory schools. More is naturally better. But to the extent that it's mainly privileged children who attend them and proceed to more effectively dominate other former children, there's also something horrific and terrible about their existence. I had such conflicting feelings of wonder and revulsion, the last time I stood in one of these schools and saw the happy/privileged children running around those benevolent/smug teachers.

All the best,

Tj