[lbo-talk] Yannis and new queer agenda show...

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Mon Jun 25 15:51:36 PDT 2012

Sometimes you have to accommodate people in terms of the software you use. I edit book mansucripts as Editorial Director of Monthly Review Press. Word is the standard format so far for submitting proposals and then the first draft of the book. So if you are a microsoft hater and refuse to use word or a computer expert and prefer some other program, then what am I to do if your program and mine aren't compatible? If I use Track Changes in word to do my edits, and your program can't do this, then I have to waste such a shitload of time accommodating you when it should be you who accommodates me. I mean I really like wordperfect, but I had to learn to use word since most people do. We can't be purists all the time. I don't care to shop at Wal Mart, but I have been in places where I didn't have much choice. You need a pack of underwear, and you get them where you can.