[lbo-talk] Photographs of Workers

William Quimby quimbywm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:29:49 PDT 2012

Notice also that, with one exception, there are no overweight people? (And he's just a wee bit chubby.) I am fond of pictures of baseball crowds in the WW2 era through the mid 50's, and the fans are all amazingly trim.

Okay, maybe it was because of rationing and its carry-over to the low 50's? (My father, who started a family in the middle of the Depression, was at his proudest when he was able to put "meat and potatoes" on the table.)

- Bill