[lbo-talk] Query: Your favorite speeches and talks

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jun 27 18:28:19 PDT 2012

See if Jesse Jackson's speech at the '88 DP Convention is available. It brought tears to the eyes of many people. I detest Jackson but at one time he was one hell of an impressive speaker.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Catron Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:11 PM To: LBO; Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition; Progressive Economics Subject: [lbo-talk] Query: Your favorite speeches and talks

I need spoken presentations, made recently enough for me to find and download videos, for English classes. Ones I've used recently include Malcolm X's "By Any Means Necessary" and John F. Kennedy's "We Choose to Go to the Moon" - politics aren't as essential as excellent use of the language. Any ideas?