[lbo-talk] Support the cholera vaccine in Haiti

Ira Glazer ira.glazer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:58:08 PST 2012

Dear friends and family,

In Haiti, more than 7,000 people have needlessly died from cholera. It's a preventable and treatable disease that afflicts the poor because they lack clean water and sanitation -- basic necessities that I consider to be human rights.

The rainy season is coming back to Haiti. It is sure to bring a surge in the waterborne bacteria, and Partners In Health is using all the tools available to fight it. Right now, PIH is launching the Haiti Cholera Vaccine Project to protect up to 50,000 people in a vulnerable community.

Partners In Health wants to scale up this program, but they can't do it alone. They need us to demand wide spread use of the vaccine.

Join me in telling the world that Haitians need and deserve a cholera vaccine. Take the pledge:

http://act.pih.org/take-the-pledge