[lbo-talk] Cathexis?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Mar 1 19:30:09 PST 2012

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 20:59:03 -0600 "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Some day someone will write a sied-splitting comedy around the continuing
> attachment of intellectuals to the Freudian Fairy Tales.

It's been done -- to very little effect I must say. There have been Freud debunkers practically since the Viennese physician first set pen to paper. So far it fails to split the sides, and convinces only those determined to be convinced.

Anybody remember Jeffrey Moussaievich Masson, or whatever Pony-Boy's preposterous pseudonym was?

Someday somebody will come up with something better. I can't wait. Same for Marx and Darwin.

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org