[lbo-talk] toilets of the wealthy

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 2 19:10:07 PST 2012

Don't quite know what to make of this but, contra Cox, I think we could use Freud here:

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/la-fi-many-bathrooms-20120303,0,1145278.story

Wealthy home buyers demand bathrooms ­ lots of bathrooms

Some mansions have nearly as many toilets as entire blocks in less regal neighborhoods.

[..]

Los Feliz-area real estate agent Konstantine Valissarakos said one buyer asked to see only homes with at least 15 bathrooms because of his frequent entertaining. The fixtures must also pass muster; agent Bret Parsons said he once squired a wealthy couple around to look at houses and at every one, the husband would sit on the toilet to see how it felt.

[...]