[lbo-talk] Corey Robin's Reactionary Mind argument in miniature

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Mar 8 11:25:29 PST 2012

Those with their focus on changing the world are always annoying to those whose focus is having comfortable opinions.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 12:56 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Corey Robin's Reactionary Mind argument in miniature

On Mar 7, 2012, at 8:29 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> BTW, his last couple of paragraphs are what always make me cringe about
his approach to argument on his blog. he knows that he shouldn't imply that they are hypocrites. So, he tells us that "we" aren't implying they are hypocrits, even after he does point and laugh at Sanchez, implying he's a hypocrit, with the phrase, "It never seems to dawn on Sanchez...." This is just another way of saying, what a hypocrit. Robin implies with "it never seems to occur" that Sanchez either lies to himself or is so ideologically blinded, he doesn't realize he's a hypocrit/inconsistent.

Hey you know what? This:

http://cleandraws.com/2012/03/08/upper-middle-class-mores-alpha-male-behavio r-etc/

is a bag of shit. You can criticize my friends all you want. I only ask that you actually know what the fuck you're talking about when you do.

You used to be about 20% annoying and 80% interesting. Now you're 95% annoying and 5% interesting. The whole bitch/snit act has taken you over and you've become almost nothing but a pain in the ass.

So: fuck you.