[lbo-talk] Corey Robin's Reactionary Mind argument in miniature

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 8 11:45:10 PST 2012

On Mar 8, 2012, at 2:25 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Those with their focus on changing the world are always annoying to those
> whose focus is having comfortable opinions.

The chutzpah here is breathtaking. What have you done for years except file dyspeptic posts to listservs? You make righteous, revolutionary statements of this sort without any effects on the world or consequences on your reputation. They must make you feel good, like you're the commissar of the cornfields or something, but they don't amount to a hill of beans. If that isn't a comfortable set of opinions, I don't know what is.

Sometimes you & your partner in pseudohypermilitancy make me wish I'd sold myself to Goldman Sachs when I was young enough to fetch a decent price.

Doug