[lbo-talk] Georgia Republican Compares Women To Livestock (VIDEO)

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:38:20 PST 2012

Reactionaries keeping jumping out of the woodwork.

CB

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/09/georgia-republican-compares-women-to-livestock-video/

On Thursday, the Georgia House of Representatives debated HB 954, which if enacted would reduce the window of time for women to be able to have an abortion from 26 weeks to 20 weeks. During the debate on the floor, Republican Rep. Terry England took his turn and in a southern drawl, compared women to cows and pigs.

“Life gives us many experiences. It give us the experience- or I’ve had the experience of delivering calves dead and alive, delivering pigs dead and alive, and I want to tell you, Rep. McCall, Rep. Roberts, all of us, Rep. Anderson, that have done that, Rep. Black, that have done that, it breaks our hearts to see those animals not make it. Ya know a few years ago, I had a young man come to me in our store, and it was when we were debating- talking about dog and hog hunting I believe- and at that point there was some language inserted in there that dealt with chicken fighting. And young man called me to the side and said ‘I want to tell you something.’ And y’all, this is salt of the earth people I’m talking about. Someone I would never have expected in 100 years to tell me what he told me that day. ‘Mr Terry, I want to tell you something. Tell those folks down there that when they stop killing babies, I’ll give them every chicken I’ve got.’”