[lbo-talk] [Pen-l] The Saviour of the World Bank Jeffrey Sachs

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 11:16:46 PST 2012

 Thanks for the link I only saw your reply after reading Carol so I presume this is the link. Sachs seems difficult to place much trust in. However, his critical rhetoric is likely to doom him in any competition. Apparently Susan Riceis in the running but John Kerry dropped out.

Cheers, ken

  Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 12:48:48 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] [Pen-l] The Saviour of the World Bank Jeffrey Sachs

On Mar 9, 2012, at 12:43 PM, ken hanly wrote:

> http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/03/20123495258390513.html
>
>  This article seems like an unabashed ad promoting Sachs. I suppose he is better than Larry Summers
> but his past is not even mentioned in the article except in glowing terms. Maybe Naomi Klein should write an article on his candidacy!

This, though it predates Sachs's candidacy, is a much better piece than that nonexistent one:

http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Sachs.html