[lbo-talk] Private losses again socialized in Greek default

Tony Rolfe mr.tony.rolfe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 05:29:29 PDT 2012

Well, you would have thought it was obvious after Michael Lewis writes a book on it. Somehow, less a few years later the same trade is eating the <remaining> Greek populace alive.

Actually, I don't see how it stops at all. These guys can keep levering up the trade until the defaults/credit events become unmanageable... i.e. some huge counterparty can't pay --- and then we all know what happens (AIG)--the public will step into the breach, pay them out 100c on the dollar and the people can try their luck protesting in another privately owned town square.

It doesn't look good.