[lbo-talk] Daylight Slaving Time

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 07:50:58 PDT 2012

Today is the change to the Daylight Slaving Time - an event engineering by retail and outdoor sports industries to boost their sales and profits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time.

Interestingly, the Sprint network cannot set its time right, so my mobile phone shows an incorrect time as I write it. According to my Google search it is a common problem. Likewise, radio controlled clocks use a fair weather technology http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/radioclocks.cfm that does not work most of the time due to a high noise/signal ratio. What a ruse!

This idiocy is enough to turn one into a Luddite, especially that there is no public benefit of this practice (beside boosting profits of some politically connected business schmucks, of course.) Interestingly, some jurisdictions, such as Russia abandoned this idiocy altogether and do not use DST at all. Good for them.

-- Wojtek http://wsokol.blogspot.com/