[lbo-talk] Comrade " exactly wrong"

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 08:37:34 PDT 2012

Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> Charles is a committed Marxist, and is capable of powerful and insightful
> analysis of capitalism and the necessity for its destruction. A comparison
> of his posts a decade ago with most of his present posts offers, I think, a
> vivid illustration of the stultifying impact of the CPUSA of the last 30
> years on its members. I am a great admirer of the CP not only in the '30s
> but also on much of its practice (as opposed to its mushy theory) in the
> 1950s and 1960s. And it is romanticezation of this past which I think
> explains the continuing power of the CPUSA of the present to exert its
> baneful influence on some contemporary leftists.
>
> I still keep hoping that the nominal goals of the CP (the overthrow of
> capitalism) will somehow bring those like Charles back to reality. But that
> is perhaps merely wishful thinking on my part.
>
> Carrol

^^^^^^^ CB: This is a good example of Carrol's negative dialectic. He gets me exactly wrong. The influence of the CP on me is what puts me squarely in the middle of what's real. Carrol is in political fantasy land. One can learn from his post here by taking pretty much the direct opposite position of what he says. Negative dialectic.

It is a good idea to review my posts over the long run here though. I will find me calling for a march on Wall Street years ago, thorough refutations of the substance of what Carrol says here ,etc.