[lbo-talk] Noam goes with Barry ?

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Mar 11 09:47:08 PDT 2012

But Chomsky has also pointed out that Ron Paul's critique of Obama's war policy is "uncontroversial[ly]" correct:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01e8-zSLkg0> Uploaded by democracynow on Sep 13, 2011 'DemocracyNow.org - During the most recent Republican presidential debate on Monday, September 12th, Congressman Ron Paul of Texas drew boos and jeers from the crowd and his fellow debaters for his views on the roots of 9/11 attacks. Dr. Paul criticized U.S. foreign policy as the catalyst stating, "we're under great threat because we occupy so many countries... We have to be honest with ourselves. What would we do if another country, say China, did to us what we do to all those countries over there?" For more, Democracy Now! spoke with Professor Emeritus of Linguistics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Noam Chomsky. Dr. Chomsky responded to Dr. Paul's comments by reciting the history of antagonism to US policy, concluding: "I think what he said is completely uncontroversial. You can read it in government documents."'