[lbo-talk] Ignorance of 99% is strength for the 1%

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 10:21:13 PDT 2012

Ignorance Is Strength By PAUL KRUGMAN

One way in which Americans have always been exceptional has been in our support for education. First we took the lead in universal primary education; then the “high school movement” made us the first nation to embrace widespread secondary education. And after World War II, public support, including the G.I. Bill and a huge expansion of public universities, helped large numbers of Americans to get college degrees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/09/opinion/krugman-ignorance-is-strength.html?_r=2&ref=paulkrugman