[lbo-talk] Occupy's 89%? Where anarchism shuns unionists, it allies with the ultra-right

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:30:37 PDT 2012

Marv: "Or, as Kissinger slyly observed, "academic political debates are so heated because the stakes are so low".

[WS:] I beg to differ. I do not think Mr. Kissinger understood the nature of academic environment. Academic debates are so heated because the stakes are extremely high - personal reputation, status and careers of the involved parties. If Mr. Kissinger gives in to foreign demands, his status as a statesman is not affected, and may even increase if his action is perceived as a clever move to avoid future disaster. If an academic gives up an opinion on which his academic status is built, he or she is pretty much finished, especially is he or she plays the academic celebrity game.

Wojtek