[lbo-talk] Ignorance of 99% is strength for the 1%

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sun Mar 11 12:00:04 PDT 2012

Wojtek writes:

> I like Krugman but I think he is inaccurate if not plainly
> wrong on this one. Santorum & Co may be *talking* bad things
> about public education, but Krugman's favorite Obama and his
> administration are actually *doing* bad things to it by promoting
> privatization.

I'm not sure that makes him wrong; do you have any indication that it's "just talk" from the GOP candidates? I think it would be much worse than it presently is if their "talk" were to become policy. Which makes his point still correct, if a little disingenuous. He called it "a hard right turn against" (heh), when he should have said *a harder right turn against* ...

---

The real issue I have with Krugman is that his politics, unlike his economics, are weak. He's an Obama True Believer, to be sure. And it clouds his writing whenever the subject comes up. He's much better when he talks economics.

/jordan