[lbo-talk] Fwd: Noam goes with Barry ?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Mar 12 09:40:47 PDT 2012

On Mar 12, 2012, at 12:33 PM, Carl G. Estabrook wrote:

> Exactly. E.g., in the Reagan 'landslide,' three out of four eligible voters didn't vote for him. --CGE

Nonvoters are not all that different from voters, according to a 2010 survey from Pew. More liberal, but also more satisfied with things in the U.S., and with a higher approval rating for Obama. Also more likely to support Obamacare than voters. They're just detached.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1786/who-are-nonvoters-less-republican-educated-younger

There's really no untapped vein of significant radical opinion out there, I'm afraid.

Doug