[lbo-talk] Fwd: Noam goes with Barry ?

christian bayes christianbayes01 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:02:00 PDT 2012

Or, one could perceive real differences between candidates but realize, quite sensibly, that the likelihood that one's vote is decisive is quite close to zero. Your individual vote being decisive is conditional on 1. your state being tied, and 2. your state's electoral votes being decisive. For people whose votes count the _most_, that means the probability that their vote really matters is about 1/10 million.

http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/research/published/probdecisive2.pdf

Would you get off the couch for that?

-christian