[lbo-talk] Fwd: Noam goes with Barry ?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Mar 13 00:41:11 PDT 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Nonvoters are not all that different from voters, according to a 2010
> survey from Pew

I've seen this kind of survey result many times before; it's very consistent. But one thing bugs me. If this true, it seems that one of the long accepted common wisdoms of psephology must be wrong:

1) Non-voters have considerably lower median income than voters; and

2) Voters with in the lower half of the income distribution vote more Democratic.

Which of them is it?

Michael