[lbo-talk] Fwd: Noam goes with Barry ?

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Mar 13 12:40:44 PDT 2012

> Oscar was wise. That was a fairly deep observation.
>
> I am puzzled by the fact that they're trying so hard to bar people from
> voting when people are already sick at the idea.
>
> Joanna

According to a couple of interviews this morning, the states with these new laws are attempting to keep their white, republican establishments in power where where Latino voters can swing an election, like Texas, South Carolina, Florida.

These laws were part of a general attack on various civil rights... . It makes a certain corrupt sense to keep people from gaining any traction to fight against the interrelated crisis of the economic system and political institutions.

I think of it as Greece in slow motion.

As for non-voting. I would guess a lot of people have come to the same conclusion I did, although I still vote. What difference does it make who you vote for, since it is more of the same damn thing. Except now we have a near complete breakdown of the Republican party. The only thing holding it together are a few giant donors.

CG