[lbo-talk] Neoliberalism Hits a Speedbump?

Tony Rolfe mr.tony.rolfe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 06:14:43 PDT 2012

This strikes me as strange.

I would be more inclined to be believe that the level of exploitation is approaching a breaking point (given the vast wealth being created).

I also thought that in a "well-behaved" capitalist system, workers' rights can only exist as a desire for wage increases; nevermind the working conditions, the social safety net, environmental controls, the unions (or even the right to form one) that can exist in the US.

Wages are everything to the well-behaved homo-economicus worker, no? And if there is little chance of anything else changing for better, you can make an argument that you want higher wages.

I have no anecdotal evidence of Asians being any more socially aware than Americans, but perhaps this is a "known truth" that I just don't know...