[lbo-talk] Obama Speaks Out on Trayvon Martin Killing

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 12:54:16 PDT 2012

Jordan: "I can't tell: did you just accuse me of supporting lynching?"

[WS:] Of course not, you know better than that.

As to 60 cases in 7 years that you mention - I view it as 60 lynchings in which the perps walked free. Is it much? Probably not given 15k or so murders per year in the US, but well above the post WW2 number of lynchings. I understand that you disagree that these are lynchings - let's call them extra judicial killings then, since there was no jury trial to decide the guilt of the persons who died. In the case described in the NYT piece I posted it was just a guy playing basketball with his 8 year old daughter.

If I recall, not long ago a big stink was made on this list about the extra judicial killing of Osama bin Ladin. I can see that one can reasonably justify the extra judicial killing of Osama, but there is no way I can see how one can reasonably justify the extra-judicial killing of a guy playing with his eight year old year kid. Sorry, I am not an American, I did not grow up with the shoot first ask questions later mentality around me.

Wojtek