[lbo-talk] Obama Speaks Out on Trayvon Martin Killing

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Mar 23 16:38:47 PDT 2012

// ravi writes:

> [...] the story I posted, where an asshole chased a guy down a
> block and stabbed him to death, which the judge excused through
> reference to this Stand Your Ground law.

I agree that this is a puzzling case, and it will be interesting to see what the written report looks like and where the appeal leads. It wouldn't be the first time that a judge issues a surprising result.

But that's me: in a case where there's no obvious judicial bias, if the government fails to make their case, I'm happiest with an acquittal even if I know for sure that the defendant is guilty.

I guess that makes me, what ... a liberal?

/jordan