[lbo-talk] Obama Speaks Out on Trayvon Martin Killing

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Mar 25 08:02:12 PDT 2012

There's one answer I have used with mostly good results: "I'm not a transportation expert. The government got them there; let it get them out." (Reference to "Bring the Troops Home.")

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of shag carpet bomb Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:12 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org; lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Obama Speaks Out on Trayvon Martin Killing

At 06:59 AM 3/25/2012, Carrol Cox wrote:
> > They'd also take the barstool form of "What would you do, wiseguy?" A
> > stammering non-answer would not be helpful.
>
>As a matter of fact, refusal to answer works pretty well in practice -- but
>why stammer? I fell for that question from an AP reporter at the first
>anti-war demo I ever was in. Never again. Those who ask, "What would you
>do?" aren't actually interested in an answer anyhow.
>
>Carrol

no shit!