[lbo-talk] The Righteous Mind

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Mar 27 08:55:49 PDT 2012

Now, this is more inline with ravi's interest in evopsych and the like (I think?).

http://righteousmind.com/

I've seen a flurry of activity around this book - some reviews/discussion on email lists.

I found it interesting that he says that liberals seem unable to describe how a conservative would think about an issue whereas a conservative can. Based on standpoint theory claims that the oppressed are mroe capable of understanding their oppressors than the oppressors can understand them, then this would indicate that, indeed, Liberals are a dominant ideology.

Of course, I don't actually think that, just thought it was hilarious, given the author's findings.

And, in any event, figured it would irritate Carrol as another example of a book on the best seller list that is based on fatuous claims about "minds".