[lbo-talk] Mitt on mandates ...

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 14:30:52 PDT 2012

  That would be the logical conclusion. However, Romney is running to be presidential candidate for the GOP so he cannot be logical. But then if you follow a number of people on LBO consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds so maybe he just has a very large mind.

Cheers, ken

  Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

________________________________

From: Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> To: LBO <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:33:37 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Mitt on mandates ...

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2012/03/mitt-romney-jay-leno-discuss-health-care-responsibilities/qU31mD6xIWAKAjxOwjn43L/index.html

[ ... ]

>> When Mitt Romney was on the show Tuesday night - following
>> a series of light-hearted exchanges - the conversation turned
>> more serious, to whether Romney would remove guaranteed health
>> care coverage for those with preexisting conditions.
>>
>> "People with preexisting conditions - as long as they've been insured
>> before, they're going to continue to have insurance," Romney said
>> on NBC's "Tonight Show."
>>
>> But, Leno asked, what if they haven't been insured?
>>
>> "Well, if they're 45 years old, and they show up, and say, I want
>> insurance because I've got a heart disease, it's like, `Hey guys,
>> we can't play the game like that,'" Romney answered. "You've got
>> to get insurance when you're well, and if you get ill, then
>> you're going to be covered."

[ ... ]

So: he's all for the mandate, right?

/jordan