[lbo-talk] On Occupy in Chicago

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:00:23 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

I hear that they have been having some really good baseball
> games in Gaza lately. With the IDF ordinance going off, those
> must be some really exciting games.

We've actually had a few really awesome soccer games under the bombs recently. Drones, F-16s, airstrikes, and stupid Iron Dome constantly going "boom" can amp the adrenaline so much that even us non-athletic types will happily accept an opportunity to run it out.

These matches, like many other activities here, included members of parties that were actually shooting at each other a few years ago. Nobody tell Carrol that part, though; I gather his limited political imagination might find the whole thing a little too "hurly-burly." :-D

("[H]urly-burly"! My God ...)