[lbo-talk] Gated Community Mentality

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Mar 30 16:01:02 PDT 2012

Gated Community Mentality

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/30/opinion/the-gated-community-mentality.html

In essence, laws nationwide sanction reckless vigilantism in the form of self-defense claims. A bunker mentality is codified by law.

Below is an essay on the same theme, with wider scope

``We are living now in a new world of enclosures. We are building our fences ever higher. We are patrolling our borders with ever more sophisticated weaponry. And we are punishing any and all who trespass. The victims of these recent killings are the collateral damage of these border wars'' http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/03/28/three-killings/

CG