[lbo-talk] Spanish promiscuity or German erectile dysfunction?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue May 1 03:43:33 PDT 2012

At 04:30 PM 4/30/2012, Chuck Grimes wrote:
>>Or you could start a thread about something more in line with the charter
>>of the list ... you know, be part of the solution rather than part of the
>>problem?
>>
>>/jordan
>
>I have a theory. At a guess most list members are reading and following
>threats at work, where they are just fucking off web surfing. That's what
>I used to do when I had a job.

yes. that's been my theory for a long time. It's perfect for when you are doing something else, but have to wait for something so have idle time.

The other day, some guy from a vendor was demoing a product - a what you see if what you get content management system. The user doesn't like the photo left-aligned? Just drags it to the right, voila, the company website changes! Whee.

Vendor-dewd dragged and dropped the photo, then it had to process updates. As he's standing their uncomfortably, someone says, "Yeah, now go check your twitter."

Always said that the rise of facebook had to do with the bland, corporate appearance of the site as opposed to myspace. When you're on facebook and your boss is squinting distance away, it simply looks like you're at a legitimate web site - as opposed to the flash and twinkle and dark backgrounds at myspace.