[lbo-talk] Spanish promiscuity or German erectile dysfunction?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 10:10:50 PDT 2012

Wojtek S

Can you be more specific how? Seriously.

Maybe I am missing something but I generally detest social media (not just twitter but also facebook) - I find them not just full of trivial soundbites but also difficult to follow. I love the listserv format precisely for the reason that it is not a twitter - that you can write a meaningful text in which you can fully express your point in standard English i.e. one that requires some thought as opposed to knee0jerk verbal reaction and you can do it in real time just as you do in the stupid twitter. That is, the only time that it takes to respond is your time to think and formulate a response - which is not a bad thing at all.

As far as FB is concerned, it is like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack, or rather a pile of manure.

"Social grooming" is too generous a characterization of this form of communication - it looks more like "social flushing."

I used to use FB to share photos with friends but now I have no time to edit new ones. I also use Linkedin as a replacement of a Rolodex. But beyond that?

-- Wojtek

^^^^^^ CB: Maybe use twitter and facebook to help self-discipline in more succinct writing.