[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland reports and pics

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed May 2 17:34:18 PDT 2012

Dennis Claxton writes:

> I think the 8M should be dialed down some to account
> for lesser offenses like "assault without weapon
> without injury."

I think physical intimidation (which is what I think you're describing) is the worst kind of assault, because it's done *so often* and with relative impunity, and those who do it know that they can get away with it (usually). I applaud people who stand up and press charges in that situation; I know it must be difficult.

> That still probably leaves 6M or so though.

Per year.

/jordan