[lbo-talk] Good bio of Marilyn Monroe?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu May 3 06:13:35 PDT 2012

It's not a bio but a book came out last summer about her intellectual life, a publication of letters, notes, poetry, diary entries she wrote. I hadn't really thought of it until I read the book, but she used to have photos of her reading and in glasses. Apparently, this was something she pushed because she wanted to impress upon people that she had a brain and she aspired to be more of an intellectual.

I wasn't always especially impressed with the notes she wrote, but it was still interesting reading.

<http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/marilyn-monroe-and-her-literary-loves-2046497.html>http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/marilyn-monroe-and-her-literary-loves-2046497.html