[lbo-talk] Spanish promiscuity or German erectile dysfunction?

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Thu May 3 18:41:33 PDT 2012

If the Democratic Party has a base, wouldn't it be best for the left, such as it is, to focus its attention on that base? And if this is so, then there are many ways to do this, and especially now that various mass actions, such as OWS, the Wisconsin uprising, and the like, have shown that the base is restless and ready for action. Why hurl insults at one another? People in the cornfields can do what they can there, and people in the big cities can do the same. Some are good at big things, some at small, but aren't all needed? Some are good organizers, some are good writers, some are good at logistics, and so forth. And maybe the fact that some have had to make compromises to secure unity isn't relevant to others in other circumstances. I will say one thing that I am pretty certain about. The Democratic Party is the enemy of the "base." It will never not be the enemy. So let's not decry the evils of capitalism and then hold our noses and vote for Obama and the Dems. That's talking left and walking right. Better not to vote. I last voted for a Dem president in 1972. And even McGovern is now an asshole. Fight with and for the base.