[lbo-talk] Spanish promiscuity or German erectile dysfunction?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri May 4 18:14:55 PDT 2012

there's a study of this phenom, name of which completely escapes me. I think one of the authors first name was Bunny, though. At any rate, among other experiments they did was to have male and female math teachers use the same approach: they would tell students that they used to dislike math, found it difficult, but look at where they were now: math teachers!

the women math teachers were always graded as less authoritative, students questioning their knowledge and ability, etc.

after we dig out from underneath this crazy mess - sonshine moved back in, so the place is a disaster - i will look this article up. it was part of a series of studies a mentor in grad school had put together to address the way women are perceived as being less powerful, authoritative, etc. in the classrom when they use "egalitarian" methods whereas men aren't.

I know, back when I interviewing laid off managers from the downsizings of the mid-90s that they experienced much the same in the business world.