[lbo-talk] Spanish promiscuity or German erectile dysfunction?

Alan P. Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri May 4 21:52:39 PDT 2012

On Friday, May 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Michael Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 4 May 2012 23:32:07 -0400
> Marv Gandall <marvgand at gmail.com (mailto:marvgand at gmail.com)> wrote:
>
> > I acknowledged earlier that Carrol was active in "small circle organizing in
> > university towns and among the better-educated", but, unless I'm badly
> > mistaken, he's had very little or no practical experience in the
> > Democratic party
> >

> Bzzt. See what I mean?

Yes, it is very clear. Whatever Marv says, everything that draws on his extensive experience is dismissed out of hand by weightless appeals to how obviously wrongheaded small portions of the text - or a word here or there - are.

The one thing of partial weight you've contributed is that you don't see grassroots democratic voters and local officials as standing for the Democratic Party when Marv has says they are the ones he works with… which you could have then have used as a way of indicating that perhaps you were talking past him en route to something substantive but